Planning an out of state of vacation? Remember to contact your local branch or the Call Center at 1-866-633-4450 to let us know the dates and states through which you will be traveling. We will place a Travel Note on file to help prevent any delays with debit card transactions while you are out of town.|
Need to reset your debit card PIN? Contact your local branch or the Call Center at the number listed above for a temporary PIN reset.
When contacting the Call Center directly let them know you are a customer of First Farmers Bank. Also have your mother's maiden name and driver's license number available for security and identification purposes.
Recent phishing scams you should know about!
Headlines & Sports
|Home Personal Services|
- Account Agreement and Authorization
When an account is opened at First Farmers Bank (we or us), each owner of the account (you) requests that we open the account and agrees to the following:
go to the top of this page
- The account, whether active or dormant, will be subject to and will abide by the terms, charges and disclosures set out in this booklet, applicable federal and state laws and regulations, and First Farmers Banks policies, any of which may change from time to time.
- Each owner will be jointly and individually liable for any loss we experience relating to your account or any other service we provide you. You will also be responsible for all costs we incur to collect the loss, including attorneys fees.
- All Charges associated with your account may be deducted directly from your account balance, and we will not be responsible for overdrafts, returned checks or other damages caused by deducting these charges. You will also pay any other charges and fees for special services you request.
- Each owner of the account is authorized to receive an automated teller machine (ATM) card and a secret code to be used with the card. For more information regarding ATMs, please refer to Section XIV.
- First Farmers Bank may make any inquiries we consider appropriate for evaluating the account, including, without limitation, ordering a credit report on any owner or signer.
- First Farmers Bank may disclose information about the account to credit reporting agencies and to other persons and agencies who, in First Farmers Banks judgement, have a legitimate business purpose for obtaining such information.
- Neither First Farmers Bank nor its employees will be deemed to be acting as a fiduciary or have a fiduciary responsibility to you or any third party as a result of or in connection with your account at First Farmers Bank, including any fiduciary account described in Section III (I) below, unless we specifically agree in writing to act in a fiduciary capacity.
- Changes to Charges, Fees and Other Terms
go to the top of this page
- We reserve the right to change the charges, fee or other terms set out in this booklet. When required by law, we will send you 30 days notice of the change to your address shown on our records. The notice may be included on or with your regular account statement. You may choose to decline these changes by discontinuing the accounts or transactions to which they apply. We also reserve the option, in our business judgement, to waive, reduce or reverse charges, fees or other terms in this booklet in certain situations.
- You agree to notify us promptly of any change in your name or address, as well as any change in the authorized signers on your account. At our option, changes you make to the account will not be effective until we receive all documents we may reasonably require.
- We reserve the right to change your consumer (personal) account to a business (non-personal) account if it is used as a business account. We also reserve the right to convert your First Farmers Bank Regular Savings account to a checking account in the event you exceed the transaction limitations placed on your account as explained in Section XII.
- Account Ownership
go to the top of this page
- Joint with Survivorship. The account is the property of each owner as joint tenants, and the survivor is entitled to all funds in the account even if the first person to die had a will specifically leaving the funds to someone else. Unless we are otherwise instructed in writing by all owners, any one of the owners may write checks on the account, authorize automatic payments from and deposits to the account, request and receive withdrawals, and assign or close the account without notice to the other owners. The name of an owner may not be deleted from the account without written permission of that owner. Use of the word and between the names of the owners in the account title does not by itself mean that multiple signatures are required for checks or withdrawals. Any item payable to one or more owners may be deposited to the account with or without any or all endorsements. The account is subject to the creditors of any one owner. If any joint owner dies, one of the surviving owners should notify us.
- Joint- No Survivorship (As Tenants in Common). May be owned by two or more persons, who do not intend by opening this account, to create any right of survivorship with any other person.
- Additional Authorized Signer or Power of Attorney. During the owners lifetime, the person named as additional authorized signer or attorney-in-fact has the authority to write checks, make withdrawals and deposits and receive notices regarding the account. This person will also have all the responsibilities of the owner of the account as set out in this booklet. Upon the owners death, funds in the account will become part of the owners estate, subject to the owners will or applicable law if there is no will. We may release all the money in the account and honor checks and withdrawal requests from the authorized signer or attorney-in-fact until we receive written notice that this authority has been revoked. This authority will not be affected by any later disability or incapacity of the owner of the account. A power of attorney acceptable to First Farmers Bank which is given by one owner of a joint account will be effective even if another owner of the account objects.
- Payable on Death (POD). The account is payable to the owner during his or her lifetime. When the owner dies, the account belongs to the surviving POD beneficiaries named in the account. During the owners lifetime, a POD beneficiary has no right to the money in the account. The owner may change any POD beneficiary by signing new signature cards and any other documents we may require. If the account is owned by more than one person, the account is subject to the rules regarding joint accounts set out in Paragraph A above.
- Trust-No Separate Agreement. The account is an informal trust reflected in our records and without a separate trust agreement. The trustee is the owner, and the account is payable to the trustee during his or her lifetime. When the trustee dies, the account belongs to the surviving beneficiaries named in the account. During the trustees lifetime, a beneficiary has no right to the money in the account. The trustee may change any beneficiary by signing new signature cards and any other documents we may require. If there is more than one trustee, the account is subject to the rules regarding joint accounts set out in Paragraph A above.
- Uniform Transfers to Minors. The account is opened by a person named as custodian of money received by a minor as a gift. The account is controlled by the custodian but is owned by the minor. Only one custodian is allowed. If the custodian resigns, dies or is removed, we will deal only with a designated successor custodian. The custodianship terminates when the minor reaches the age of 21.
- Unincorporated Non-business Groups. If the group has officers, we will require a certificate signed by the secretary designating the signers on the account and any conditions for withdrawal. If there are no officers, we may require an individuals name to be on the account.
- Business (Non-Personal). For any account opened for a business purpose (whether by a sole proprietorship, partnership, corporation, unincorporated association or other person), we will require the appropriate resolutions or certificate designating the signers on the account and any conditions for withdrawal.
- Fiduciary (Trust, Estate, Guardianship, etc.). This account is opened and maintained by a person acting as a trustee under a written trust agreement or an executor, administrator, guardian or conservator under a court order called letters. You must provide us with a copy of the trust agreement or letters and notify us immediately of any change in your responsibility of authority.
- Change of Address
You should notify us promptly in writing if you change your mailing address. All written notices and statements from us will be sent to your address as it appears on our records.
go to the top of this page
- Rules Regarding Checks and Other Items
go to the top of this page
- Signatures. When you write checks or other items, you will sign your name as your signature appears on the signature card or other account authorization document. If you use or authorize a facsimile signature, you release and indemnify First Farmers Bank from any loss caused by the use of facsimile (or a signature resembling the facsimile specimen) on a check or other item, whether or not such use was authorized.
- Stale Dated Checks. Regardless of the date you write on a check, if it is more than 6 months old, we may pay it whenever it is presented for payment. If you do not want us to pay a check, you must place a stop payment order on the check.
- Conditional and Postdated Checks. You agree not to write any conditional or postdated checks on your account, and you authorize us to pay and charge your account for any conditional or postdated checks presented to us, regardless of the conditions or date stated on the check.
- Overdrafts and Items Returned for Non-Sufficient Funds. If we receive a check, withdrawal, automatic transfer, electronic transaction or other item drawn on your account, and there are insufficient funds in the account to pay the item, we will do one of three things: (1) cover the item automatically under the terms of any First Farmers Bank overdraft protection plan you have established, (2) pay the item and create an overdraft in your account, or (3) return the item to the person who sent it to us. There are certain charges and fees imposed for each of these options. Our payment of any item into overdraft on one occasion does not obligate us to pay any other items into overdraft on any other occasion.
Each of you agrees to reimburse First Farmers Bank for any overdrafts in your account. Each owner is responsible for any misuse and all overdrafts caused by any other owner. If an overdraft is not paid, we may report each owner to a credit reporting agency, such as ChexSystems. You can minimize the risk of potential overdrafts and returned checks by recording all checks, deposits, ATM and other transactions in your check register and by balancing your account each month. If it becomes necessary to turn your account over to a collection agency or an attorney to collect an overdraft, you will pay all our costs, including attorneys fees.
- When Checks are Debited to Your Account. We will process and settle checks drawn on your account according to applicable laws, regulations, Federal Reserve rules, and agreements with other financial institutions. Your account will be debited on the day the item is presented to First Farmers Bank, or at an earlier time if we receive electronic or other notice that an item drawn on your account has been deposited for collection at another financial institution.
- Stopping Payment. You have the right to stop payment of a check drawn on your account. A fee will be charged for each stop payment request. You may request a stop payment by telephone, by mail or in person. Your verbal stop payment request will be in effect for 14 days, and your written stop payment request will be in effect for 60 days. In order to stop payment, you must give us the correct date, check sequence number, dollar amount and name of the person to whom it was written.
In asking this favor, you agree to hold the bank harmless for the amount of the (checks) and for all expenses and costs incurred by it on account of refusing payment of any check, and you also agree not to hold the bank liable on account of payment contrary to this request if made through inadvertence or accident.
- Notice of Withdrawals. We reserve the right to require at any time not less than seven (7) days notice in writing before each withdrawal from an interest-bearing account other than a time deposit. It is not our general practice to exercise this right.
go to the top of this page
- General. All non-cash items deposited and transfers made to your account are given provisional credit only until we are paid for them. We act only as a collection agent and assume no responsibility beyond the exercise of due care. We may forward items to other financial institutions and will not be liable for their negligence in handling any item. All items deposited the next business day (excluding Saturdays, Sundays and federal holidays). We are under no obligation to accept any item, wire transfer of electronic funds transfer for deposit to your account or for collection, and we may refuse to cash or give value for any such item.
- Endorsements. When First Farmers Bank takes a check for deposit to your account, federal regulations require us to place our endorsement in a specific space on the back of the check. This speeds up the return of the check to us if it is not paid. (The reserved space is marked on the checks you order from us.) You must not write or stamp anything in the reserved space or allow anyone else to do so. If you do, you agree that First Farmers Bank will not be responsible for any delayed return of the check if it is not paid. You also agree to reimburse us for any loss expense resulting from our inability to return a check on time because it contained writing or other marks in the reserved space when you issued it.
- Automatic Transfers. You will be informed about an automatic transfer on your next regular statement.
- Deposited Items or Checks Cashed Returned Unpaid. If a check or item you deposit or cash is returned unpaid for reasons such as insufficient funds or payment stopped, we may either redeposit the check without notice to you (and place a hold on the funds until it is paid), or we may deduct the amount of the returned check from your account, in which case no interest will be earned on the amount of the check. A handling fee will be charged for each returned check. Also, if a deposited or cashed check is later returned to us for reasons such as alteration or unauthorized endorsement, we may immediately charge back your account for the amount of the item.
- Lost Items and Error Corrections. We reserve the right to reverse the credit for any deposited item lost while in the process of collections. If an error occurs as a result of a deposit (such as a calculation error or missing check for deposit), the error correction will appear on your next statement.
Please refer to the Funds Availability disclosures in Section XIII for more information about your ability to withdraw funds.
The law provides that we may apply funds in your account to pay any debt you owe that is not paid when due (except a consumer credit card debt). We may exercise this right to setoff at any time without prior notice to you.
go to the top of this page
- Legal Process
If we are served with a garnishment, levy, restraining order, writ of attachment, subpoena or other legal process related to your account, we must comply. To the extent the legal order requires us to withdraw funds from an interest-bearing account, we will stop paying interest on those funds on the day we receive the legal order as long as you have an existing account. Any legal order to turn over funds in your account is subject to our right to deduct a fee from your account whenever we are served with any legal process.
go to the top of this page
- Protecting Your Account
go to the top of this page
- Preventing misuse of Your Account. In order to prevent wrongful use of your checks or account, you must promptly examine your statements when you receive them. If you find that your records and ours disagree, or if you suspect a forged or altered check or endorsement, you must immediately notify your First Farmers Bank branch.
To safeguard your account, you should never leave unused checks in an easily accessible place. You should not assume that missing checks are safe, even if you dont think they are stolen. First Farmers Bank reserves the right to deny a claim due to forged, altered or unauthorized checks if you do not guard against improper access to our checks.
In addition, you should protect your 24-Hour Banking card and secret code as you would your checkbook and other important documents. You should memorize your secret code and not write it anywhere or tell it to anyone. You should never allow anyone else to borrow your card or secret code. If you do, you will be responsible for all transactions (before you notify us) made by that person or by anyone else to whom that person gives the card and code. For more information about unauthorized ATM or other electronic transactions, please refer to Section XIV below.
- Missing Checks, Forgeries and Alterations. It is your obligation to report missing or misplaced checks to First Farmers Bank immediately. If you fail to report checks with unauthorized signatures, or alterations or any other fraudulent use of your account, First Farmers Bank will not be responsible for subsequent forgeries, alterations or fraud by the same person(s) that occur 14 days after the closing date of the statement containing the first forgery, alteration or fraudulent transaction. In addition, if you do not notify us in writing within 60 days of the statement date of the suspected forgery, alteration or other fraudulent transaction, we may assume that the statement activity and account balance are correct for all purposes, and you may not assert any claims against us regarding those transactions
At First Farmers Bank, as at most banks, checks are received in large volume and are processed by automated means. Most checks are not individually examined. Although First Farmers Bank does examine certain checks under procedures which may change from time to time,. You agree that reasonable banking standards allow automated processing of most checks you also agree that First Farmers Bank employees who do examine certain checks are not handwriting experts. This means it is essential that you take care of your checks and review your statement for fraudulent activity.
- How Checking and Savings Accounts Earn Interest
go to the top of this page
- Interest Computation. Interest on personal accounts is earned based on the collected balance in the account which consists of all deposits of (1) cash, (2) electronic payments, (3) checks drawn on First Farmers Bank, and (4) checks drawn on other institutions for which First Farmers Bank has received credit. Deposits made at 24-Hour Banking machines will not begin earning interest until the business day after the deposit is processed. Interest rates will be set by First Farmers Bank according to market conditions and are subject to change daily. Interest rates may vary based on the balance in your account. We will review and change these rates periodically without prior notice to you. For more information regarding interest rates, please refer to the back panel of this booklet. Interest on your account is calculated on a simple interest basis using the daily balance method by applying a daily interest factor to the collected balance each day. Interest is compounded and credited quarterly on First Farmers Bank Savings accounts . On checking accounts, it is compounded monthly. Interest is credited monthly on all checking accounts. For information about interest on time deposits, please refer to Section XVII.
- Annual Percentage Yield. Annual percentage of yield (APY) means the total amount of interest you receive on a deposit of $100 over a 365-day period (or 366-day period in a leap year), expressed as a percentage and based on (1) the annual rate of simple interest applicable to the deposit, and (2) the frequency with which interest in compounded and credited. The annual percentage yield on checking and savings accounts may vary. Your account statement will show each APY applied to your account during the statement period and the actual APY earned for the statement period. The APY Earned is based on one statement period (rather than a whole year) and will be somewhat more or less than APY depending on the length of the statement period.
- Federal Tax Withholding of Interest
go to the top of this page
- Backup Withholding. Internal Revenue Service regulations required us to withhold a percentage of interest payments if the IRS tells us to do so or if you fail to give us your taxpayer identification number (TIN) when you open your account. For most individual taxpayers, the TIN is your social security number (SSN). For some fiduciaries and most businesses, it is an employer identification number (EIN). To prevent backup withholding of interest, when you open your account, you must certify that we have your correct TIN and that you are not subject to backup withholding. In addition to withholding of interest, the IRS may impose certain penalties on you for failure to furnish us with your correct TIN.
- Determining the Correct TIN.
|For this type of account:||Give this Tin:|
|Individual||SSN of the individual|
|Joint||SSN of the actual owner or, if joint funds, either owner (the person whose SSN is used must be named first on the account)|
|Uniform transfer to Minors Act||SSN of the minor|
|Payable on Death or trust with no separate agreement|
(beneficiary named in account)
|SSN of the owner|
|Revocable living trust||SSN of the grantor-trustee|
|Guardianship or conservatorship||SSN of the ward of the minor|
|Estate||EIN of the estate|
|Trust under a separate agreement||EIN of the trust|
|Sole Proprietorship||SSN or EIN of the Proprietor|
|Partnership, Corporation or unincorporated organization||EIN of the partnership, corporation or organization|
- Transaction Limitations on Savings Accounts
Certain withdrawals and transfers on savings accounts are limited by Federal Reserve Board Regulation D. Branch and ATM withdrawals are not limited. The chart below shows the types of withdrawals and transfers that are limited. If excessive withdrawals and transfers occur, we may be required to change your account to a checking account.
You may be charged a transaction fee for certain withdrawals and transfers even if they do not exceed Regulation Ds limitations. The chart below also shows which transactions are subject to this fee. There are no transaction fees on IRAs. For personal accounts, please refer to Section XV for the number of free transactions and the amount of the fee.
Regulatory Limits on First Farmers Bank Regular Savings Account. No more than a total of 6 limited transactions, as described in the chart, may be made in any statement period. In addition, no checks may be written on these accounts.
Regulatory Limits on Money Market Checking Account. No more that a total of 6 limited transactions, as described in the chart, may be made from these accounts in any statement period.
*See Section XV for more information about transactions fees on personal accounts
|Type of Transaction|
|Withdrawals or transfers to Another First Farmers Bank Account by:|
|First Farmers Bank ATM|
|In Person at a FFB branch|
|Telephone call to a FFB branch|
|Pre-authorized payments or transfers in third parties|
|Automatic loan payments to First Farmers Bank|
go to the top of this page
- Funds Availability- Your Ability to Withdraw Funds at First Farmers Bank
go to the top of this page
- General Policy. Our general policy is to make funds available to you on the first business day after the day we receive the deposit. Once they are available, you may withdraw the funds in cash. We will use the funds to pay checks that you have written.
For determining the availability of your deposits, every day is a business day except Saturdays, Sundays and federal holidays. If you make a deposit before 3:00 p.m. at any branch or automated teller machine on a business day that we are open, we will consider the deposit to have been made on that business day. However, if you make a deposit after 3:00 p.m. at any branch or automated teller machine, or on a day that we are not open, we will consider that the deposit was made on the next business day we are open.
- Longer Delays May Apply. Case by Case Holds: In some cases, we will not make all the funds you deposit by check available to you on the first business day after the day of your deposit. Funds may not be available for withdrawal until the second business day after the day of your deposit of a local check or the fifth business day after the day of your deposit of a non-local check. However, the first $200 of your deposit will be available on the first business day.
Exception Holds: Under a few circumstances, the funds you deposit may be delayed for a longer period of time, usually no later than the seventh business day after the day of your deposit of a local check or the eleventh business day after the day of your deposit of a non-local check. These circumstances include: the length of time your account has been open; our belief that a check you deposit will not be paid; you deposit checks totaling more than $5,000 on any one day; you redeposit a check that has previously been returned unpaid; you have overdrawn your account repeatedly in the last 6 months; or there is an emergency, such as a failure of communications or computer equipment.
If we are not going to make all of the funds from your deposit available on the first business day, we will notify you at the time you make your deposit. We will also tell you when the funds will be available for withdrawal. If your deposit is not made directly to one of our employees, or if we decide to take this action after you have left the premises, we will mail you the notice by the first business day after the day we receive your deposit. If you need the funds from a deposit right away, you should ask us when the funds will be available.
- Items Exempt from Certain Types of Holds: We will not place a Case by Case Hold on the portion of a deposit that consists of cash, a wire transfer, an electronic direct deposit, or any of the following items payable to you and deposited in your account: a U.S. Treasury check; a U.S. Postal Service Money Order; a Federal Reserve Board or Federal Home Loan Bank Board check; a Kentucky state or local government check; a cashiers, tellers, certified or travelers check; or any check drawn on a First Farmers Bank account. We will not place an Exemption Hold on the portion of a deposit that consists of cash, a wire transfer, an electronic direct deposit, or a check drawn on a First Farmers Bank account.
- Special Rules for New Accounts. If you are a new customer, special rules will apply during the first 30 days your account is open. Funds from electronic direct deposits to your account will be available on the day we receive cash and wire transfers will be available on the first business day after the day of your deposit. Funds from all other deposits will be available no later than the ninth business day after the day of your deposit.
- Holds on Other Funds. If we cash a check for you that is drawn on another bank, we may withhold the availability of a corresponding amount of funds that are already in your account. In this event, we will notify you and treat the funds as described in Case by Case part of Paragraph B above.
- Cash Withdrawal Limitation. In cases involving withdrawal of funds by cash, cashiers check or wire transfer, we may not make all of the funds that you deposit by check available to you on the first business day after the day we receive your deposit. In such cases, up to $100 of the deposit will be available on the first business day. All of the remaining funds will be available for withdrawal according to the availability schedule.
- Customer Responsibility. Remember that even if funds have been made available to you and you have withdrawn them, you are still responsible for any problems with a deposit, such as checks that are deposited and later returned unpaid.
- Electronic Funds Transfers
go to the top of this page
- Types of EFT Services. Pre-authorized Transfers. These services include direct deposit, pre-authorized debits, transactions initiated through the use of a Bank ATM Card using either an ATM, Point-of-Sale terminal or FFBPHONE.
Card Services. You may use your Card and Personal Identification Number (PIN) to access your Accounts in the following manners:
ATM Transactions. You may use your Card and Personal Identification Number (PIN) to access all your Accounts related to your Card at any Master Card/STAR ATM, and only your primary checking and savings accounts at all other ATMs which are part of an electronic funds transfer service network to which the Bank belongs.
You may use your Card and PIN to perform the following types of transactions:
Your ability to perform the transactions set forth above depends on the location and type of ATM you are using and the EFT network through which the transaction is being performed. A specific ATM or EFT network may not perform or permit all the above transactions.
Transactions at non First Farmers Banks ATMs may be subject to a surcharge assessed by the ATM terminal owner. In addition, a specific ATM or EFT network may not provide you with access to all of your Accounts.
Point-of-Sale Transactions. You may use your Card to purchase goods and services from merchants who have agreed to accept your Card as a means of payment. Purchases made with your Card are referred to as Point-of-Sale transactions (POS) and will be charged against your primary checking account.
The First Farmers Bank ATM Card can be used for Point-of-Sale transactions wherever you see the STAR and Master Card logos displayed.
Daily Dollar Limits. The First Farmers Bank ATM Card may be used to withdraw cash from an ATM and / or conduct Point-of-Sale transactions with a minimum of $50.00 or the available balance of your account whichever is less.
FFB PHONE Services. You may use your Account number and your FFB PHONE PIN to gain entrance to the FFB PHONE services through any touch tone telephone.
Funds Transfer. You may transfer funds between your First Farmers Bank checking and savings accounts, or make payments to your First Farmers Bank mortgage or consumer loan products.
You may gain access into the FFB PHONE service twenty-four hours a day, seven (7) days a week (except during maintenance periods).
All transactions initiated after the Banks cutoff time and all transactions initiated on any day not a business day will be posted to the Account on the next business day.
Inquiries. You may obtain the current balance and other information on all of your accounts.
- Withdraw cash from your designated checking or savings account(s).
- Make deposits into your designated checking or savings account(s), where available.
- Transfer funds between your designated checking and savings accounts(s).
- Stopping Automatic Payments. When you have authorized regular payments to another party from your account and you want to stop one of the payments, it is your responsibility to (1) promptly request the other party to stop charging your account, and (2) call your branch at least 3 business days before the payment is scheduled to be made. When you call us, you must specify the exact amount of the payment you want to stop and the person or company to whom the payment would have been made. If you want to stop more than one payment, you must give us a stop payment order for each one. We may also ask you to put your stop payment request in writing and send it to us within 14 days after you call. Your stop payment order will be effective for 6 months. You will be charged our standard stop payment fee for each order you give.
- Documentation of Transfers. All of you electronic transfers (deposits and withdrawals) will be shown on your account statement.
- Failure to Complete Transfers. Our 24-Hour Banking ATMs will generally be available for your use 24-hours a day, 7 days a week, but we must ask you to understand that these systems must periodically be shut down for routine maintenance, inspection and repair. If we do not complete a transfer to or from your account on time or in the correct amount according to our agreement with you, you will be liable, for instance, if: (1) through no fault of ours, you do not have enough money in your account to make a transfer; (2) the transfer would cause you to go over the credit limit on an overdraft line you have established with us; (3) circumstances beyond our control (such as fire or flood) prevent the transfer despite reasonable precautions that we have taken; (4) a court order or other legal process prevents us from making the transfer; or (5) your account is closed or frozen. In addition, there may be other exceptions not specifically mentioned.
- Unauthorized Electronic Transfers. Notify us at once if someone has transferred , or may transfer money from your account without your permission, or if you suspect fraudulent activity on your account. Call your First Farmers Bank branch. Only reveal your account number to a legitimate party for a purpose you authorize (such as your mortgage company for automatic payments).
If your statement shows withdrawals or transfers, please notify us at once. If you do not notify us within 60 days after the statement was mailed to you, and we could have stopped someone from taking money if you had told us in time, you will not get back any money lost after the 60 days.
Notify us at once if your 24-Hour Banking card has been lost or stolen or someone else has your secret code. Call your First Farmers Bank branch. If your card or secret code have been lost or stolen, and you tell us within 2 business days after you learn of the loss or theft, you can lose no more than $50 if someone used your card without your permission. If you do not tell us within 2 business days, and we could have stopped the unauthorized use of your card had you told us, you could lose as much as $500.
If circumstances such as a long trip or a hospital stay kept you from notifying us, the time periods in this Paragraph E may be extended.
- Error Corrections or Questions on Electronic, In case of an error or question about an electronic transfer, you should call your First Farmers Bank branch as soon as you can if you think your statement is wrong or if you need more information about a transfer. We must hear from you no later than 60 days after we sent the first statement on which the problem or error appeared. If you send a complaint or question in writing within 10 business days.
In order for us to respond to your complaint or question, you must: (1) tell us your name and account number; (2) describe the error or the transfer you are unsure about, and explain as clearly as you can why you believe it is an error or why you need more information; and (3) tell us the dollar amount of the suspected error.
We will tell you the results of our investigation within 10 business days after we hear from you and will correct the error promptly.
If we need more time, however, we may take up to 45 days to investigate your complaint or question, If we decide to do this, we will credit your account within 10 business days for the amount you think is in error, so that you will have the use of the money during the time it takes us to complete our investigation. If we ask you to put your complaint in writing and we do not receive it within 10 business days, we will not credit your account. If your account is credited but we find that no error occurred, you must promptly make available to us the amount of credit. If we decide that there was no error, we will send you a written explanation within 3 business days after we finish our investigation. You may ask for copies of the documents that we used in our investigation.
- Account Information Disclosure. We will disclose information to third parties about your account or transfers you make: (1) where it is necessary for completing transfers; (2) in order to verify the existence and condition of your account for a third party (such as credit bureau or merchant); (3) in order to comply with a government agency or court order; or (4) if you give us written permission.
- Business Days. For purposes of handling electronic funds transfer notices or questions pursuant to this Section XIV, our business days are Monday through Friday (excluding legal holidays).
- Whom to Contact. If you believe your Card and / or code has been lost or stolen, or that an unauthorized transfer from your Account has occurred or may occur, call (502) 633-4450 or write to: Citizens Union Bank, P.O. Box 189, Shelbyville, KY 40066-189. After hours, the number to call when reporting a lost or stolen card is 1-866-5HOTCRD or 1-866-546-8273.
Features of Personal Checking and Savings Accounts
Our current service charges and fees are based on your ledger balance which is the balance you see on your statement. This is different from your collected balance.
No Minimum Balance Requirement
Free FFB Check Card
New FREE ATM's Anywhere in the World! Not just FFB's ATM's, but ANY ATM.
New Unlimited Rebates of Other Bank's ATM Usage Fees.
If you are charged a fee to use another bank's ATM we'll refund the fee!
Business Checking Accountgo to the top of this page
Minimum opening deposit -- $250.00
No Monthly Service Charge
No Minimum Balance Requirements
Super NOW Accountgo to the top of this page
Minimum Opening Deposit -- $1,500.00
$20.00 Service Charge If Balance Falls Below $1,500.00 Per Statement Cycle
Interest Accrues Daily And Is Paid Monthly
Minimum Balance Requirement Of $1,500.00 To Obtain Prevailing Interest
Free FFB Check Card- Available After Approval
Premium Money Market Accountgo to the top of this page
Minimum Opening Balance -- $2,500.00
Minimum Balance Of $2,500.00 Required To Earn Interest
Interest Is Paid According To Tiered Balances
$20.00 Service Charge If Balance Falls Below $2,500.00 Per Statement Cycle
Transaction Limitations -- 6 Transfers/Withdrawals Per Statement Cycle
$5.00 Excess Item FeeSavings Accountgo to the top of this page
Minimum Opening Balance -- $50.00
No Minimum Balance Required To Earn Prevailing Interest
Interest Accrues Daily And is Paid Quarterly
If Account is Closed, Accrued Interest Is NOT Paid
No Dormant Fee On Accounts Over $250.00
$6.00 Dormant Account Fee On Accounts Under $250.00 Per Statement Cycle
FFB Reserve Disclosure Statements
Terms & Conditions for FFB Reserve Account
- By means of a FFB Reserve Account, hereinafter referred to as the LOAN ACCOUNT, First Farmers Bank customers, hereinafter referred to as CUSTOMERS, from time to time may obtain loans from First Farmers Bank, hereinafter referred to as BANK, through or by use of a specified First Farmers Bank Checking Account, hereinafter the CHECKING ACCOUNT. The aggregate unpaid principal balances of such Loans shall not exceed at any time the maximum amount of credit approved in writing by the BANK. After the BANK issues a written approval of the line of credit, any of the following will be treated as a request for a loan.
- Any check drawn on the CHECKING ACCOUNT, charges to the CHECKING ACCOUNT (other than monthly payment charges) which have the effect of overdrawing the CHECKING ACCOUNT when it is already overdrawn in excess of One Dollar ($1.00) shall be a loan to the CUSTOMER under the LOAN ACCOUNT Terms and Conditions.
- Each loan will be deemed to have been made at the time that the check or other charges presented against the CHECKING ACCOUNT are posted. Each loan will be in multiples of not less than Fifty Dollars ($50.00) each, subject to the following limitations:
- In no event will the loan amount exceed the unused portion of the line of credit.
- The BANK will make each loan by debiting the LOAN ACCOUNT in the amount of the loan and making corresponding deposit to the CHECKING ACCOUNT, or advancing the amount of the loan directly to the CUSTOMERs by such means as the BANK and CUSTOMER may agree upon.
- The BANK may refuse to pay any check drawn on the CUSTOMERs account if paying same would constitute non-compliance or breach of this Agreement; the BANK may further refuse to pay any check drawn on the CUSTOMER account if the outstanding balance of the CUSTOMERs account according to the BANKs records at the time the check is presented to the BANK for payment exceeds or would exceed, upon payment of the check, the FFB Reserve Credit Limit then in effect per this agreement.
Further, the BANK may refuse to honor such a check drawn on the CUSTOMERs account if at the time of the presentation all the terms of this Agreement have not been fulfilled, or if upon presentation of the check, the CUSTOMERs account has, for one reason or another, been terminated.
The BANK reserves the right and the option to waive the conditions of the Agreement herein and pay any checks or drafts as though the conditions have been met; however such a waiver shall not constitute a waiver of the BANKs rights created hereunder.
- Each of the BANKs CUSTOMERS from time to time will furnish the BANK promptly, upon request, with current financial statements in such detail as the BANK may reasonably require.
- In the following situation, the unpaid balance, at the option of the BANK, shall become due and payable immediately without notice or demand and customer shall pay same, at which point BANKs obligation to make FFB Reserve Loans to the CUSTOMER shall terminate:
- The failure of the CUSTOMER to make any FFB Reserve payment when due.
- Failure of the CUSTOMER to perform or observe any of the provisions of these Terms and Conditions.
- Any financial statements furnished by the CUSTOMER to the BANK considered to be false or misleading in any material respect.
- Should the CUSTOMER fail to inform BANK of any material changes in his or her financial condition.
- Insolvency, bankruptcy or death of the CUSTOMER.
- The balance existing on the LOAN ACCOUNT is hereby understood to be demand in nature, and payable on demand upon thirty (30) days notice by the BANK to the CUSTOMER of said demand for payment in full; notice is sufficient if mailed by the BANK to the CUSTOMER at the address of the CUSTOMER appearing on the application herein.
- The LOAN ACCOUNT may be closed and the BANKs obligation to make FFB Reserve Loans terminated at any time upon written notice by the BANK or the CUSTOMER to the other, but termination shall not affect any checks outstanding or the obligation of the CUSTOMER or the BANK under these Terms and Conditions.
- The Term CUSTOMER as used herein shall mean and refer, with respect to particular LOAN ACCOUNTS, to all persons, whether one or more, who apply for the LOAN ACCOUNT in question. If the application is signed by two or more persons authorizing each other to obtain Loans or such Accounts, all such persons shall be liable jointly and severally for all obligations arising under this Agreement, including the payment of principal and interest on the Loans.
- The Term FFB RESERVE ACCOUNT shall refer to a normal FFB Reserve Account with up to a $25,000.00 limit for writing loans pursuant to these Terms and Conditions.
- In the even CUSTOMER defaults under this note and the note is referred to an attorney for collection, the CUSTOMER agrees to pay attorney fees equal to 15% of the amount due, and court costs and any court judgment rendered on this note shall bear interest at the contact rate.
- BANK may change the terms of this agreement, including the periodic rate and the annual percentage rate, at this time upon thirty (30) days prior written notice mailed to CUSTOMER at the address furnished by the CUSTOMER to the BANK. CUSTOMERs continued use of FFB Reserve following such notice shall constitute express written agreement to such change.
CUSTOMER agrees that any balance outstanding at the time of the effective date of any such change shall become, to the extent allowed by law, subject to the new terms, including the new periodic rate and the new annual percentage rate, on the effective date of the change.
COMPUTATION OF PAYMENT AMOUNT
Each month the BANK will provide the CUSTOMER with a Loan Statement. This statement is combined with the CUSTOMERs monthly checking account statement, and shows all loan activity for the month, along with the usual checking information. The CUSTOMER, each month, will pay the BANK an amount equal to the greater of Twenty-Five Dollars ($25.00) or Five Percent (5%) of the unpaid balance on his or her FFB Reserve Account.
However, if the unpaid balance is less than Thirty Dollars ($30.00), of the unsecured FFB Reserve Account, the payment will be the amount of the unpaid balance. On the CUSTOMERs statement date each month, the BANK will automatically charge the CUSTOMERs checking account for the FFB Reserve payment.
You have hereby authorized the BANK to pay your FFB Reserve monthly payment automatically from your checking account; you can stop the payment on any amount you think is wrong. To stop the payment, your letter must reach us three (3) business days before the automatic payment is scheduled to occur.
HOW PAYMENTS ARE APPLIED
1. First to the previously billed Finance Charge and then
2. To the Principal Balance.
CUSTOMERS may prepay, without penalty, any or all of their unpaid balance, with interest to the day of the payment of the amount prepaid. However, a manual partial payment will not eliminate the automatic payment taken out of the CUSTOMERs statement. A manual partial payment is a payment not automatically taken by the BANK as provided in these Terms and Conditions herein. An automatic payment as used in these Terms and Conditions is the payment automatically charged to the CUSTOMERs account during the regular billing cycle.
COMPUTATION OF FIANCE CHARGE & AVERAGE DAILY BALANCE
A finance charge is imposed for each day on which credit is in use. There is no free period during which a finance charge will not accrue. The bank figures the FINANCE CHARGE on your account by applying the periodic rate .0493% to the average daily balance of your account, including current transactions. To get the average daily balance we take the beginning balance of your account each day, add any new loans, subtract any payments and unpaid FINANCE CHARGES. This gives us the daily balance. Then we add all the daily balances for the billing cycle, and divide the total by the number of days in the billing cycle. This gives us the average daily balance. The daily periodic rate of .0493% is the equivalent of an ANNUAL PERCENTAGE RATE OF 19%. First Farmers Bank reserves the right to modify the rate of interest and any other terms and conditions of this agreement upon thirty (30) days prior written notice mailed by the BANK to the CUSTOMER at the CUSTOMERs address shown on the BANKs records.
An annual fee of $20 (twenty dollars) will be assessed if the specified payment is not received within ten days of the closing date of your billing cycle.
A Late Charge of $5 (five dollars) will be assessed if the specified payment is not received within ten days of the closing date of your billing cycle.
This application by the CUSTOMER for a FFB Reserve Account is understood to be an offer to the BANK. The BANKs approval of said application is understood to be acceptance of the CUSTOMERs offer, and both the BANK and the CUSTOMER shall be bound by the terms and conditions herein.
Questions? Comments? Contact us today!
New Liberty: 1-502-463-2254