In 1872 the legislature chartered the "Bank of Owen" housed where the News-Herald is presently located. Its present successor is First Farmers Bank & Trust Company which eventually evolved. Farmers Bank of Owenton received its charter on April 28,1884, and is also incorporated in First Farmers Bank. In 1958, as First National Bank was making vast improvements, one of which was the opening of the first drive-in window in Owenton, the "old Red Brick Building" was torn down. The merger of First National and Farmers Banks as well as the Gratz Deposit Bank took place in 1965. Two years later, in 1967, what was once the old St. Nicholas Hotel site became the First Farmers Bank parking lot. Our existing building was remodeled in 1972. The Board of Directors reaffirmed its commitment to downtown Owenton with an extensive renovation and remodeling in 1997. Soon thereafter, in 1999 the Board opened a branch office in Warsaw, expanding First Farmers while addressing the needs of efficient banking in Gallatin County. Finally in 2008, First Farmers and Citizens Bank of New Liberty completed a merger of the two banks further expanding facilities and services in Owen County.
Although First Farmers has made significant strides in the past 100 years, and while we are quite proud of our heritage, it is the future we so eagerly anticipate; therefore, please allow us to continue providing Convenient, Understandable, Banking services to satisfy all your financial needs.
The Mission of First Farmers Bank is to provide superior personalized financial services and to promote economic growth and stability within the community while earning the highest possible return. This will facilitate future bank growth, dividends to our shareholders and a high quality of life for our employees. It is our stated desire to remain an independent community bank.
Our core values are measured on a quarterly basis by individual self assessments of work units. We strive to be our best by demonstrating the qualities outlined in TIGERS.
- Trust is defined as the belief and confidence in the integrity, reliability, and fairness of a person and organization.
- Interdependence is defined as two or more people who appreciate and rely on each other's strengths and are mutually responsible for personal limitations and personal growth.
- Genuineness is defined as the personal quality and learned behavior that promotes sincere, honest, respectful, and direct communication in an open and responsible manner.
- Empathy is defined as practice of working to understand the feelings and ideas of another person.
- Risk is defined as involving and exposing oneself to change or loss.
- Success is defined as effectively achieving what our organization has sent out to do. The effectiveness implies that both interpersonal satisfaction and work quality have been achieved.
|Darryl T. Traylor|
Lea M. Anderson
Frank K. Downing
Robert D. Traylor
Darryl Traylor - President and CEO
Dallas Stafford -Executive Vice President
David Lyons - Executive Vice President
Deborah Hamilton - Executive Vice President
Wanda Dunavent - Senior Vice President
Angie Miller - Sr. Vice President, Owenton Branch Manager
Paula Younger - Vice President, Warsaw Branch Manager
Sue Bruce - Vice President, Gratz Branch Manager